Friday, January 4, 2008

"Time" for my 1st blog ever

So, this whole idea of being a 'blogger' has always intrigued me. People write their thoughts, feelings, and just plain nonsense sometimes. And yet, I read it. I've decided that to add to the random things that keep me busy busy busy...I too, shall become a 'blogger'.

Things have been busy as usual. And, of course I really have 'no time' now. I am working full time, going to grad school full time, and planning a wedding. The whole planning a wedding part should be the fun part, however it just seems like more work. Edward is wonderful. Well, as wonderful as a fiance can be. He doesn't care about anything, which saves time on trying to keep him happy with decisions. He travels all the time so its hard to find the time to do things together for this wedding. Actually, now that I think of it....I really haven't made too many decisions on what I want for this wedding anyways. Really? Just show up. November 8th. 3:30pm (i think). In sweatpants. Or Vegas? hmmm....

Some friends have been shitty. Good thing I have no time to deal with that. It's funny how people seem to have fallen on the face of the earth. Where did you go? Ohhh...that's right...in that land where it's hard to text/im/or call back. That's right. I understand now. Doesn't it get to the point where there really is no time to care? Yes, because I'm there now.

My crazy nursing home has been entertaining. In fact, my newest patient who I will call 'Mr. M' is the first elderly gay man that I have ever met. Sad I know. Gay men are fab and especially Mr. M. He has worked in the entertainment business all over the U.S. He has met so many celebrities. In fact, he was able to tell me that he knows for a fact that Richard Gere and Kenny Chesney are gay. He told me the X-rated story that proves this is no rumor...but a sad sad fact. I guess I kinda thought that already.

Next on the agenda is to clean my disaster of an apartment...and do a little work. All while watching Sex and the City, of course.

1 comment:

Ames said...

Lauren!! i love that you have a blog! i have one too..since i've been doing a whole lotta noting since my surgery. haha. you should check it you..
p.s. you really put that whole friendship thing in really good words..i like it..the whole you went into a world of not calling back, texting etc.
see you soon!